Fiza Pathan Publishing (OPC) Private Limited is proud to announce that three of our Rare Classics which were entered in the 2019 Purple Dragonfly Book Awards won ‘Honorable Mention’ in the ‘Chapter Book’ category.
The Purple Dragonfly Book Awards is a worldwide book competition that was created in 2009 to celebrate the best in children’s books. Besides recognizing and honoring accomplished authors in the field of children’s literature, they want to highlight up-and-coming, newly published, and younger writers.
Divided into 55 categories ranging from books on the environment and cooking to sports and family issues to the marketing collateral such as bookmarks and media kits that complement a book, the Purple Dragonfly Book Awards are geared toward books that appeal to children of all ages. They look for stories that are original, innovative and creative in both content and design. A Purple Dragonfly Book Awards seal on your book’s cover, marketing materials, or website tells parents, grandparents, educators, and caregivers that they are giving children a book of the highest caliber. Their judges are industry experts with specific knowledge about the categories over which they preside.
Being honored with a Purple Dragonfly Book Award gives authors the recognition they deserve and provides a boost to further their writing careers.
To be eligible to win an award, a book must earn a minimum score of 55 out of 80 judge’s points, even if it is the ONLY entry in a category.
We are therefore proud that three of our Rare Classics were recognized in the Chapter Book category. The books that were honored are:
What makes are books stand out from those in the market? What are the USPs of these Rare Classics? To name a few:
- They are Rare Classics – not usually abridged for children
- Superbly abridged by Fiza Pathan (teacher and award-winning author of CLASSICS: Why and how we can encourage children to read them) and Michaelangelo Zane
- Beautifully illustrated by Farzana Cooper
- Suitable for children aged 7-12
- Received Honorable Mention in Chapter Book category in the 2019 Purple Dragonfly Book Awards
- ‘A clever retelling of Carroll’s classic story with all the imagery of the original.’ —The ‘Wishing Shelf’ Book Review
- ‘A well-pruned, wonderfully illustrated abridgment. A gripping retelling of the classic.’ —The ‘Wishing Shelf’ Book Review
- ‘A dark, often chilling, classic, superbly abridged and illustrated. This is the perfect accompanying novel to the original. Lit. students will love it!’—The ‘Wishing Shelf’ Book Review
Our books can be purchased worldwide on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Indie Bound. Wholesalers and bookstores can order their books from Ingram and Amazon. In India, our books can be purchased from the following bookstores in Mumbai: Kitab Khana, Wayword & Wise, Title Waves, Saint Paul’s Book & Media Centre, Trilogy and Granth. Bookstores outside Mumbai can order their copies directly from us on outright sale basis. You may email us with your requirements at firstname.lastname@example.org to avail of bookstore discounts. Our catalog of books can be accessed via Media Kit. Complete details are available on our website: https://fizapathanpublishing.us/